Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Roe Reversal?

I'm am highly surprised that I haven't heard more about this from the numerous feminist blogs and sites I regularly read. I first heard about it from a coworker of mine, and I though he was pulling my leg... until I saw the video clip of Norma McCorvey (Jane Roe from Roe vs. Wade ) denouncing abortion. Apparently, I've been out of the loop from a while now...




"In 1995 she had a religious conversion and was received into the Roman Catholic Church. It was at that point that she changed her mind about abortion."

Norma McCorvey: Jane Roe of Roe vs Wade Arrested at Notre Dame Protest


And I never knew. Of course, everyone should be able to make whatever decision they believe to be best in regards to her/his body, morals, etc. I don't believe even Jane Roe should personally be held in disdain for changing her thoughts towards abortion. I do, however, believe everyone should have the right to make their own choices about what to do with their own body. And she is now fighting to erase a woman's right to her own body. Even though this may be old news to others, this comes as a total shock to me. With President Obama in office, I'm not worried about a federal ban on abortion getting passed, but could this potentially turn the tide in the future? It is indeed a scary proposition...

No comments:

Post a Comment