Monday, May 25, 2009

Congratulations! Today Is Your Day!



“Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You’re off to great places,
you’re off and away.

You have brains in your head,
you have feet in you shoes,
you can steer yourself
in any direction you choose.

You’re on your own
and you know what you know,
and YOU are the guy [gal]
who’ll decide where you go.”

-Dr. Seuss

I may not have the line spacing 100% correct, but I wrote this from memory. I had an English teacher in middle school who had us memorize the book and reflect on it. (Best English/Reading teacher that I've ever had too. I can't thank her enough!)

Well, today is my day! I'm off to great places I'm... yeah, I'm not going to repeat the whole thing again. But it's true. We should all feel comfortable being assertive in our lives. From speaking up to making your own decisions. Yes, you will be wrong at times and make mistakes, but we cannot let ourselves stay frozen from indecision or fear. This is one of life's lessons that I follow... some days better than others... and overall it has served me well. Life isn't painless, but without the downs in life, you'd never be able to fully appreciate the good. So to y'all...

Carpe diem!

That's what I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment